We all know that Kodi is a multimedia player that is primarily used by all to watch high-quality video content. Those who have already used Kodi will already know what wonders it can perform, like watching live TV, streaming music, sports and so on. Today we are going to talk about one more astonishing capability of Kodi that you would have never imagined. You will be amazed to know that a new browser add-on has added a feather on Kodi’s hat by introducing browsing capabilities on Kodi. If you are aware of a website called Reddit which is similar to social media and is popular among many. The reason why you would like to install Reddit browser on Kodi is that you will find many interesting videos and content on this website which you can stream on Kodi. This add-on is brought to you by TVaddon developers. So today in this post, we will learn how to install Reddit on Kodi.
How to Install Reddit Browser on Kodi (Complete Guide)
Installing third party add-ons is not as simple as installing the official ones. You also need to search for the right repository for the intended purpose, as some of them might not work well. Hence, we have prepared a detailed guide for you to understand the installation of Reddit browser add-on on Kodi, which is available in fusion TV repository. So first things first, you will have to enable installation from unknown sources as this is a third party add-on from TVaddon developers. This add-on is not developed by Kodi developers and so it is not available on Kodi. You can follow these easy steps to enable unknown sources on Kodi.
Steps to Install Reddit Browser on Kodi
- Go to the gear like settings icon from side left menu from Kodi homepage.
- Go to ‘system settings’, check for add-ons option, and enable it.
Now Kodi is ready to install any add-ons that you want to run. However, if you have been already using some other video add-ons, you might not need to do the above steps if already done anytime before.
- Further, go to Kodi homepage again and click the gear like settings icon again.
- From the available options, select file manager as seen below.
- Now Add Source to download the Reddit browser Kodi repository. You can see the add source option as seen below.
- Select ‘Add Source’ option. Once the below screen appears, provide this path to the fusion add-on repository: http://fusion.tvaddons.co
- Now enter the name of the repository as a name of media source. You can give any name but we have written fusion TV for easy reference.
- Click ‘Ok’ when done.
Now we have added the source file successfully for easy installation of Reddit browser Kodi add-on.
- Now go back to the home screen of Kodi and click on add-ons from the left menu.
- When you click on add-on, you will find the ‘Package Installer Icon’
- Now you will see the below screen where you just need to click on ‘Install from Zip file’ to install the repository.
- When you do the above step, you will see the screen where you should click on ‘fusion TV’ to move further.
- Click on the below zip.
- Now you are already halfway through. Allow a few moments for it to install and you will soon see a notification that the repository was installed.
- Now select the option to ‘install from repository’ as below and select that.
- Next, click on below option by selecting TV add-ons repository and then selecting program add-ons.
- Now select ‘Reddit browser’ from program add-ons and click ‘install’.
- Now, wait for a few moments to let the installation complete. Once done, you will see a notification that the add-on was installed.
- You are done. Reddit browser is now installed on Kodi, you can just launch and start using it.
How to Launch and use Reddit browser Kodi Addon?
- Once installed, return to the ‘add-ons’ screen.
- You will see the recently installed Reddit browser. Launch the Reddit browser from the interface in add-ons screen.
- On the first launch, it will show you the information on Reddit browser. Read it and go ahead.
- Now you will see the screen as below, click ‘search for media’ to start browsing. There is also an option ‘search for subreddits’ to explore more.
- Then click ‘Quick search’ for searching the threads.
- You will be able to browse anything using search functionality as seen below. Besides this, there are various options available on the Kodi main menu, you can explore that also.
So, friends, we are at the end of the process as we have demonstrated to successfully install and launch Reddit browser on Kodi player. We hope we were helpful to you in adding an important add-on to your Kodi player and this will make your experience with Kodi even better. Share this article with your friends if you find it valuable and stay tuned with us for more such interesting articles.