When it comes to gaming, we all know that Xbox 360 is an awesome gaming console which is specially designed for those who wants pure gaming and top quality games only. But at the same time, it is also very costly if you use it only for gaming purpose. You must be thinking that what other purposes can it fulfill, but what if we tell you that your Xbox can be leveraged for more of your entertainment needs beyond gaming also. Yes, you heard that right. We have a single solution for you which will fulfill your needs of both streaming and gaming. How? We are going to introduce you to a way to stream top video content on your Xbox 360 just like you do on many of your smart devices. You will be surprised to know that this awesomeness is made possible by nothing but our very own Kodi media player by installing Kodi on Xbox 360.
Install Kodi on Xbox 360 (2018)
Many of you reading this article might have already read our earlier articles on Kodi or have heard somewhere about the capabilities of this media player. Read on to know further how this media player capability can be used to experience Kodi on Xbox 360. You might be knowing that Kodi is usually installed on smart TV or an Android box or fire stick, but today you will get to know something new about how Kodi can be installed on Xbox 360 using various techniques.
Also Read: How to Install Hulu on Kodi
What is UPnP & DLNA?
Let us explore the first method to install Kodi on Xbox 360, which is installation guide using UPnP and DLNA. We would first brief about UPnP and DLNA for your better understanding of further steps.
uPnP is basically a universal plug and play protocol which helps connection of devices that are on the same network, in our case, your personal computer and Xbox.
DLNA stands for Digital Living Network Alliance which forms a network where two devices can connect and share data. So by combining the functionalities of UPnP and DLNA, we are going to start streaming online videos using Kodi on Xbox 360.
How to Install Kodi on Xbox 360 Using UPnP and DLNA?
In order to install Kodi on Xbox, you will need another device like a PC or laptop because we are using the functionalities of UPnP and DLNA to connect it with your Xbox 360. Once configured, you will be able to share video libraries from your devices to Xbox.
So first be ready with your device which already has Kodi application installed on it. If you are using Kodi for the first time, then explore how you can Install Kodi on your device. Then follow below steps:
- Open Kodi on your personal device.
- Navigate to top left corner from side menu of Kodi application on your device to access settings by clicking on gear like icon.
- Now go to ‘Service Settings‘.
- Now you will see UPnP and DLNA option in the toolbar, select that option to enable the protocols.
- Further, you will see an option to ‘Share your libraries‘ which allows you to share your video libraries with other devices on the network, such as the Xbox in our case.
- Now just enable ‘Allow remote control via uPnP‘ in Kodi settings.
- You have successfully done UPnP setting configuration on your personal device and it is now ready to share data with other devices on the network. This setting will also help us to install Kodi on Xbox 360.
Now its time to configure your Xbox in a similar way to accomplish our goal. So head over to your Xbox 360 and follow these steps:
- Open the console on Xbox and select media player.
- Make sure that Xbox is on the same network as your PC. If it is, then you will see Kodi in the console.
- Now select video libraries on Xbox console.
- Make your preferred choices for video streaming and you are done. You will be able to see videos on your Xbox using Kodi.
You can further enjoy the potential of Kodi by installing various add-ons. We have also written articles on the best Kodi add-ons earlier which you can leverage to enjoy Kodi on Xbox even more. We had previously also written articles on installing Kodi on various devices like fire stick in case you have such devices. We suggest that you read those articles to take full advantage of installing Kodi on Xbox.
We hope this article helped you to achieve your intended purpose of installing Kodi on Xbox 360 and you will now be able to utilize your Xbox to the fullest. We are always there to share more ways to enjoy like this with you but you also explore yourself and let us know if you find something new. Please share this article with your friends to help them also and stay tuned with us for more such useful content.