In this article, We will talk about Genesis reborn which was actually a fork from Genesis add-on which had stopped working. You must have heard that Neptune Rising and Placenta are best replacements of Genesis but we understand that you would still want Genesis Reborn if it is back. Hence, we have prepared a guide for you about how to install Genesis Reborn on kodi 17.6 & 18 Leia even if it has shut down. Yes, you can still download the last version of the add-on that was available before it was shut down. So read on to know the installation steps in detail.
How to Install Genesis Reborn on Kodi 17.6 & 18
Genesis Reborn add-on is not available in official Kodi repository as it is developed by third party developers. Hence, you will first have to check if installation from unknown sources in enabled in Kodi settings.
If you don’t know about that, then just follow the below steps to check:
- Launch Kodi player home screen and pull out the menu from left.
- You will see the gear like icon at the top, click on that to visit Kodi settings page.
- Click on ‘system settings’ out of the many options that you see.
- Now the next screen that appears, click on ‘add-ons’ and then you will see the option of unknown sources.
The option is usually turned off by default if you have not turned it on manually. Just turn the ‘unknown sources’ option on. Now you are ready to install the repository of Genesis reborn. Start with below steps:
- Navigate back to Kodi home screen and again pull out menu from left to see various options.
- You will see many options like Player settings, Media settings, Live TV settings, Service settings, Skin settings, Profile settings, Interface settings, Event log, etc as seen in the below screen shot. Click on ‘file manager’ option out of those.
- Now on the next screen we will get an option to add source link to the repository. Click on ‘add source’
- When you see a pop up dialog box, click on ‘<None>’ and enter this link http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo/
- In the space below to provide name of media source, write ‘JesusBox’ and click ok.
- We have now provided a link to Kodi from where it can download the repository for add-on.
- Now go back to Kodi home screen and pull out left menu to find add-ons option.
- Check for a box like icon on the top to go to add-on browser.
- Now, Click on ‘install from repository’.
- Now you will see the name of media source that you had entered earlier. Click on that.
- You will now see another pop up with the name of zip file ‘repository.jesusboxtv-1.0.3.zip’. Click on that and click ok.
- Kodi will start installing the repository from the zip provided and will notify you once it is installed.
- Once you receive the notification, click on ‘install from repository’ option available on the same screen.
- When you see the below screen, click on ‘Jesus Repository’
- On the next screen, click ‘video add-ons’.
- On the screen that you see, click on ‘Genesis Reborn’
- You will get an option to install the add-on on the next screen. Just click ‘install’ and wait until you see add-on installed notification.
- Now go back to Kodi home screen and pull left menu again to click on ‘add-ons’ option. You will be able to spot the newly installed Genesis Reborn add-on there.
You are now ready to watch awesome movies and TV shows available in thousands. The content will be organized in various sections. Just launch the Genesis Reborn add-on and start discovering what it has to offer. Alright friends, we have now completed the demonstration and guide for installation of Genesis Reborn and we hope your lost fun will be back with its installation.